Cozy Homemade Pumpkin Pie Latte
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee or espresso
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg, allspice, and ginger
- Sugar or Agave syrup to taste, 1-2 tablespoons recommended
- Pinch of salt optional
- Whipped cream
1. Brew your coffee prior to mixing ingredients so it is ready to add to your mix easily.
2. Next add your pumpkin puree, vanilla, and spices together in your mug and give it a good stir. Once your pumpkin and spices are thoroughly mixed add your sugar and stir. You can add more sugar in later if needed.
3. Next add in your half and half and almond milk and stir. This gives the latte a nice creamy texture and really helps elevate the pumpkin pie flavors!
4. Add your coffee to your pumpkin pie and give it a good stir.
5. Finally add your whipped cream and enjoy! You can add more pumpkin pie spice onto your whip or maybe even caramel and a dash a salt, your choice!
What I would do differently?
I would suggest espresso over brewed coffee. The coffee was very tame once all the ingredients were added together, especially for someone like myself who loves a strong espresso daily. I would opt out the almond milk for just the half and half and only use the 1/2 cup if you prefer more of the coffee taste. Finally I suggest consistently stirring as you drink, the spices like to settle on the bottom and it can be a bit overwhelming once you get to the bottom!
Overall though this was pretty delicious and I would definitely make it again!