Low-Fat Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake Bites! Yassss!!
A couple weeks ago, I made these delicious treats for my brother's 18th birthday, just like myself he prefers cheesecake over regular cake any day!
But if you're trying to stay health like myself it can be hard to find healthy but tasty treats you can indulge in from time to time! I thought I would share with you this simple recipe that leaves you feeling guilt free and content!
First things first though, you can use any berry you prefer and if you're not a lemon fan you can cut that out too!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs, I used vanilla graham crackers instead of honey
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Two 8oz packages low fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons low fat greek yogurt at room temperature
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablesppons raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups raspberries, you can use any berry you prefer
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
THIS RECIPE MAKES 18 CUPCAKES
CRUST & CHEESECAKE FILLING:
1. Pulse graham crackers in a blender, or crush in a bowl with a potato masher. When graham cracker is ground mix with the coconut oil until evenly combined.
2. Preheat oven to 325F. Line cupcake tin with foil cupcake liners. Press about 3/4 tablespoon of crust mixture into each cup.
3. Stir by hand or beat cream cheese for 1 minute on medium-high speed until fluffy. Add sugar, salt, vanilla, and lemon juice. Mix until evenly combined.
4. Add eggs one by one, mixing slowly.
5. Add yogurt and mix, make sure all cream cheese is mixed well and evenly.
6. Using an small spoon or ice cream scooper, spoon the mixture evenly into each cup, over the crust. Fill close to the top.
7. Bake for cheesecakes for 18-20 minutes and take out. The cheesecakes will rise and crack during baking but don't worry! Let them cool at room temperature then place in the fridge until topping is ready.
1. Combine raspberries and agave nectar in a pot over medium heat. Let them cook for around 15 minutes until tender. Stirring frequently every 3 minutes.
2. Add vanilla, stir well and remove from heat. Let filling cool at room temperature.
3. Once cooled add your lemon juice and let chill for 2 hours, this really amplifies the flavors. Add topping to cheesecake bites, I like to add a little lemon zest to top mine off.
VOILA! tasty treats!