A few weeks back Brandon and I went wild blackberry picking! There were so many and they were perfect! I chose to wash and freeze most of them until a later date and it was definitely worth the wait!
Here is my simple and delicious Vegan Blackberry Cobbler!
- 4 cups of fresh or thawed blackberries
* I added a 1/2 cup of mixed berries at the end that I had in the freezer to add a little sweet from the blueberries and a little tart from the raspberries.
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup agave sweetener, maple syrup, or sweetener of your choice
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/8 cup almond milk or milk of your choice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Raw sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Mix all filling ingredients, blackberries, orange juice, and agave syrup together in a bowl. Pour filling into a baking dish.
3. Mix all topping ingredients together making sure it remains crumbly, add more oats if needed.
4. Sprinkle the oat topping onto the berry filling.
5. Lightly sprinkle raw sugar onto the oat topping
6. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden and the filling is bubbling.
7. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Add some ice cream or whipped cream if preferred!